Vanessa Maraia-Rossel’s practice focuses mainly on employment law (including both private and public employment law) as well as related areas such as social insurances and pension, data protection or unfair competition.
Her activity covers the advice of clients, employers or employees, in all stages of the employment relationship (hiring phase, remuneration schemes, business transfers, international secondments or transfers of employees, individual or collective dismissals, social plans, termination agreements, etc.). It also includes representing clients before administrative and judicial authorities.
Vanessa Maraia-Rossel has been moreover a conciliator with the Geneva Labour Court from 2012 to end 2017.
- Law degree (lic. iur.), University of Geneva, 2001
- Admission to the Geneva Bar, 2004
- Master of laws (LL.M.), University of Chicago Law School, 2006
- Certified Specialist SBA Employment Law, 2011
- Legal clerk, Court of Appeal, Geneva, 2004-2005
- Associate, Lenz & Staehelin, Geneva, 2006-2013
- Conciliator, Conciliation Authority of the Labour Tribunal, Geneva, 2012-2017
- Partner, Gillioz Dorsaz & Associés, since 2014
- Geneva Bar Association
- Swiss Bar Association (SBA)
- West Switzerland Association of Employment Law Specialists
- Contrat de travail in Recueil de contrats commerciaux, Sylvain Marchand, Christine Chappuis and Laurent Hirsch (ed.), Basel 2013, p. 629-679 (with Benoît Chappuis)
- Droit fiscal – Examen d’un cas pratique, in Panorama II en droit du travail, Rémy Wyler (ed.), Bern 2012, p. 427-491
- La protection de la santé de l’apprenti, in Panorama II en droit du travail, Rémy Wyler (ed.), Bern 2012, p. 493-524